Finding the perfect venue is a crucial step in planning a successful event. The venue you choose sets the tone, accommodates your guests and plays a significant role in creating a memorable experience, and with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Whether you’re throwing an anniversary party, a baby shower, a graduation or birthday party, a wedding or a family reunion, there are a few things you need to consider that will help you find the perfect venue and setting.
How to Find the Perfect Venue for Your Event
Finding the perfect venue for your special event requires careful consideration of your desires, budget, location, capacity, amenities and services. Take the time to thoroughly evaluate potential venues and visit them in person once you’ve narrowed it down to your top few picks. With proper planning and research, you can select a venue that aligns with your event’s vision and ensures a memorable experience for you and your guests. Here are some things to consider:
- Guest list: Have a general estimate of how many people you can expect for your event prior to finding your venue. With an estimate in mind, you can view spaces that will comfortably accommodate your group.
- Amenities: Does your venue need to be handicap accessible? Is it for a corporate event where wifi access is needed? Do you need a space with an onsite hotel? Consider your must-haves and nice-to-have amenities while researching your venue.
- Aesthetic: Are you looking for sleek and modern, charming and rustic, or classic and simple? Knowing your aesthetic will help you determine the venue that will lend itself best to your planned decorations, theme and style.
- Location: Do you want a venue in a city or in the countryside for your event? Determine the location of the venue by considering your guests and where they are coming from, as well as local accommodations and travel options if they are going to be visiting from out of town for the event.
- Setting: When choosing the ideal setting for your event, consider the layout of the space and whether it will be inside or outside, formal or casual. You may also consider one with flexible options based on weather conditions and spur-of-the-moment needs.
- Date: While you don’t have to decide on an exact date beforehand, it’s helpful to have a general idea of the time of year or month for your planned event. This will also help you decide whether your event will be indoors or outdoors.
Looking for the right venue for any type of event can be a lot of work, but it’s well worth it to pick the right spot. Can you visualize the event happening in this space? Does it elicit the feeling or vibe that you’re after? Following your instincts is also an important aspect of your search, even if you have seen 5-6 places that fit your criteria, listen to your heart to help you choose.
Hosting an Event Venue in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Choosing the right place to host your event is one of the most important decisions an individual or planner has to make. Known as the “Sweetest Place on Earth,” Hershey, Pennsylvania, offers a delightful backdrop for hosting a wide range of events. Hershey is also centrally located in Pennsylvania, and easily accessible from major cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. Whether you’re planning a corporate conference, wedding, or social gathering, Hershey offers beautiful open spaces and places for events of all kinds.
Historic Acres is an award winning venue in nearby Elizabethtown that can accommodate up to 250 guests. Choose between The Coop (up to 54 guests), the Pavilion (up to 250 guests), or the fire pit (up to 50 guests). Our property, which was once a working farm, sits on seven acres and features a large pond, rustic barn, brick farmhouse, open pavilion and several multi-functional banquet rooms. We also have a large network of local vendors and helpful amenities available on site.
Our indoor and outdoor event spaces offer accommodations for intimate gatherings and large-scale events. We offer customized packages, access to local attractions, wifi, handicap accessibility, and nearby hotels for guests. Located within reach of area attractions and restaurants, our farm house offers a private and serene setting, accommodating groups of up to 9 and features 4 bedrooms, outdoor entertaining space, a fireplace, full kitchen, and more.